Thursday 12 November 2009

Arxus Mining Outpost


Right then, first upload! This is a piece I worked on a few months back and ended up forgetting about. I found it yesterday about 95% complete, so I just spent 20 minutes touching it up before throwing it on here for you all to cast your eyes upon!

It was to be the first of a series of pieces depicting locations in the long suffering book I will eventually finish writing. Whether I'll get around to doing any more, I'll have to see. But for now, this is the once abandoned Arxus Mining Outpost, amid the Entrus Asteroid Field. Now reclaimed, repaired and used as a base of operations by my book's characters. In the foreground is a simplified design of their ship, which I've yet to officially name.

This piece was also an experiment in a simplified colouring style, for the most part 'm very happy with it, the only exception being the asteroids in the foreground, I think I went a little too simple on those, but ah well; it's been so long now that I've lost the urge to go back and re do them. They'll have to stay as is!

I think that's about all I can say about this piece, so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment